What Do Our Bodies Need To Survive?

What Do Our Bodies Need To Survive?

What Do Our Bodies Need To Survive?

Here’s a list of the most important things that our bodies need.

Carbohydrates

Purpose: Provide energy

Carbohydrates are the body’s main energy source and the brain’s only source of fuel. Your body breaks carbohydrates down into glucose, which cells require to create energy.

Tips: The best sources of carbohydrates are whole grains and foods, such as whole-wheat bread, bulgur, barley, oatmeal, brown rice, and cornmeal. But limit your intake of sugar and refined grains (including white pasta, white rice, and white breads.)

Protein

Purpose: Build and repair tissue

Protein consists of amino acids that act as one of the body’s primary building blocks for tissues, such as muscle, skin, bone, and hair. Proteins also assist in many reactions in the body, including the production of enzymes (these are the catalysts that keep all body processes running smoothly), hormones, and antibodies.

Tips: The best sources of protein are lean meats, poultry and seafood, beans and peas, nuts and seeds, eggs, and soy products.

Sleep

Purpose: Restore energy

Sleep is a condition of the body and mind which usually happens for several hours every night, in which the nervous system is inactive, the eyes are closed, the postural muscles relaxed, and our consciousness is practically suspended.

Tips: There are many ways to getting a better sleep by keeping active, eating healthily and even taking supplements such as melatonina optimum, these work by making the hormone melatonin, which is what our body produces at night to induce tiredness.

Fats

Purpose: Provide backup energy

Your body uses fats for energy when carbohydrates aren’t available. You also need fats as insulation, to help your body absorb fat-soluble vitamins, and to protect your organs.

Tips: Fats can come in both liquid and solid forms. The best sources of healthful fats are the liquid form fats found in olive oil, canola oil, sunflower oil, soybean oil, corn oil, nuts, seeds, and avocados, as well as fatty fish rich in omega-3. Limit foods high in unhealthy saturated fats (like red meat, cheese, butter, and ice cream) and trans fats (processed products that contain partially hydrogenated oil), because these can increase your risk for disease.

Vitamins and Minerals

Purpose: Maintain optimal health

You need vitamins and minerals for numerous physiological functions. They’re essential for normal growth and development, and each one plays a unique role in maintaining optimal health. For example, calcium and vitamin D are necessary for healthy bones, and the B vitamins help support the nervous system.

Tips: Vitamins and minerals come from a variety of foods, including fruits and vegetables, dairy products, and lean protein sources. Eat colourful fruits and vegetables every day, and vary the proteins you eat.

Water

Purpose: Enables vital bodily functions

Water is the most important essential nutrient. It is involved in many of your body’s vital functions, and it distributes other essential nutrients to your cells.

Tips: Men should consume about 12 cups of water a day and 9 cups a day for women. About 20 percent can come from foods, and the remaining 80 percent should come from drinking water.

 

Image Credit: Fitness


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


Post Comment

About Me


Howdy, I'm Jess. Everything in life is a dream and most of us take it all for granted. Life needs to be celebrated in everything you do, especially the things you do every day.

Walt Disney said it best; If you can dream it, you can do it.

Get in touch with me here.

Categories